PowerStrand PRO6S Wire Rope is a Swaged 6x26 construction. The process of swaging (Rotary Hammer Compacting) the wire rope is designed for 2 purposes:
1) Superior strength
- hammer swaging increases the fill factor (density) from .57 to .72 and strength climbs accordingly
- higher strength hauls heavier loads with the same diameter rope
2) Superior abrasion and crush resistance
- the hammer swaging increase the contact area on sheaves and drums allowing for better wear resistance
- the hammer swaging also increases the density making this rope very crush resistant and ideal for multi layer drum applications
This rope comes manufactured with heavy amounts of lube packed from the inside out. It is a very greasy rope. This ensures the rope will bleed lubrication during its initial service period to keep the rope fully lubricated.
It is commonly used in logging applications such as winch lines, skylines, haul backs, and chokers.